Sunday, June 7, 2009

Love

So me and a friend were talking about Love the other day. We just realize we don't truly understand what it is. I mean we as in people are constantly saying the word i love you all the time. But really what is love? Okay, one friend said the best example is the love of Jesus. Okay but then when it comes to romantic love, how are you suppose to know the difference between real love, obsession, infatuation and lust? I don't know. Another friend said that often when you first meet someone it starts with infatuation and lust and then turns into love. I just don't know. Yes, we can use the example of Jesus, you know self sacrifice as our best example but taking the love Jesus showed us and using it to dissect whether you are in love with a man or a women is extremely difficult. I also took the example of sex and the city, it's the final episode of the series where carey says to her boyfriend that she's looking for love, real love, and then she goes on to describe real love as "ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't live without each other love", but is that even real love. I don't know is real love suppose to be ridiculous, inconvenient and something that you can't live without. is that love or lust? help me out here people.

3 comments:

tmdachi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tmdachi said...

I was very intrigued by the question in your blog about trying to find out if real love is supposed to be ridiculous, inconvenient and something that one can't live without.lol.Oh well I think this is one of those questions that the answer to it is not universal as one plus one equals two like in Math. Especially in the context of a man and woman relationship.Im very sure the variations will be present. Regardless, before I start speaking out my answer to the question, let me start with pointing out that the type of love that exists between a man and woman is complex basing on the disparities that naturally exist between the nature of the two sexes. Man and woman think,react,express and reason differently. That creates a rather interesting scene for love to play out. Putting that aside, love is not meant to be ridiculous.Atleast that is what I think. While watching “Madeas Family Reunion” last year ,the movie, I came across the phrase “Love is not stupid”. My understanding is that one can make all the comprises for the other person,which comes in line with the aspect of love of giving and sacrificing and is its totally right to do so. I guess what is to be considered as a problem is when the relationship is draining and abusive. Love is not meant to torture rather is it is meant to nurture a person helping one to progress and grow positively. If the other person is doing something wrong, love speaks out and corrects.Its not right and healthy for either parties if one person does something wrong and the other simply tolerates that. On the inconvenient part, what came to my mind is the looking at the definition of inconvenience which I think also is very subjective for different people and specifically what kind of things are considered.It really depends on the situations too.I cant really generalize things.On the last part of the question, definitely it has to be one of those things in life that makes the mind go crazy.lol.Yeah one has to feel that need for dependence.Like if love doesn’t then I wonder what will. What people in love need to understand is that yes the love can be there,but much as the two eventually become one people should always maintain their individuality.yes the two become one but still each person always has to remember themselves.learning to respect this transforms relationships.once one loses track of that a lot of problems arise.Lastly I like reading the Chicken Soup series for the soul, this time around I’m reading about people sharing their experiences about how the power of love transformed their lives. As I read each page, I become more assured that love is one of the strongest emotions that people can ever experience in dear life. It’s not an easy peazy game as many people think, Its not always the type of love seen in movies or read in novels.sometimes it comes rosy ,sometimes It doesnt.Only those people willing to take the chance and fly can experience its power.Even after so many disappointments, one never knows what might come next. Life is full of good suprises,only when you keep on looking for it.The power of life is transformative.
Ps:I haven’t written in a month,I thought this would be a good way of doing a little bit of writing for the day.Hope you get something out of this!!

AJ said...

I got much out of this. thanks for your insight. seriously. this is great stuff.