Friday, August 8, 2008

Presenting a Malawian Sunset



After numerous requests I am finally trying to get my blog going. Right now it is Friday, August 8, 2008 at 10:30pm at night. I am currently using the wireless internet at the hotel which is right beside our flat. It is consistently slow. Things move at a snails pace here. But for some reason the internet is super fast tonight and the fact that I am able to upload pictures is a huge accomplishment. So I have decided to stay here as long as possible to get these pictures on the internet for all of you lovely people back home. So here are your pictures people. I am finally able to satisfy your hunger for pictures. Enjoy! I took this picture on the way home from a Malawian wedding. One of the employees at the radio station I work at, which is called Zodiak Broadcasting Station was getting married. It was a great wedding. It was just like an Italian wedding. People kept giving money out at the wedding. I later found out from a colleague that the couple ended up receiving more than 200,000 Kwacha (in US dollars that's about 1500 dollars...not much by North American standards but in Malawi that's a lot of money considering more than 60 percent of Malawians live on less than USD 2 a day).

No comments: