Monday, May 4, 2009

A million little pieces

I remember the days when we were inseparable.
To the mall, to the park, on the phone, after dark
I remember those days in high school,
Chatting on the SAC steps about how much we meant to each other.
You were my other half. Wherever you went. I followed.
Wherever I went. You followed.
When people were looking for you they called me,
And when people were looking for me, they called you.
What I wouldn’t give to go back to those days,
Hugging and kissing, and loving in our own world.
But then we grew up. Time moved on.
Life got in the way of a bond so strong.
Now there’s nothing left, but sadness and despair.
Now there’s nothing left, and my broken heart is beyond repair.
I wonder, will there ever be another who will touch me deep in my soul?
Will there ever be another to drag me out of this dark hole?
We were suppose to be together forever,
But now it’s all f***** up.

No comments: