Friday, May 15, 2009

Out and about


Okay, so I've been a bit absent from the blogosphere because I have been super duper busy. Yes super duper busy. But now I am back. Okay where was I? Besides in my own head contemplating the mysteries of life, love and the pursuit of happiness. I was actually in another city called Blantyre. It's about 4 hours from Lilongwe. It looks more like a city. It has nice buildings. Night life. Different restaurants etc...I was in Blantyre to participate in a human trafficking workshop. I was one of the facilitators. I really love being part of the workshops because I am really into the issue of human trafficking. I just think it is so unfortunate that we have this kind of issue in the 21st century. After doing a human trafficking story myself I really became passionate about doing my part in some way to help in the fight against human trafficking. So yes that's why I went to Blantyre. However while I was in Blantyre I ventured out to a chinese restaurant, then went to a bar. Then...what!...caught a cold. the weather down there was cold. Yes, I know I am from Canada, yes the place with the snow and ice but despite my Canadian blood, I HATE THE COLD! I get cold so easily. man if a little breeze blows across my bare arms I have goosebumps automatically pop up on my arms. I mean seriously there's nothing I can do. So curently I am nursing my illness with lots of tea, bread and sudafed. hey that rhymes. I have included a pic of myself. this was me at the chinese restaurant. Enjoy!

No comments: