Thursday, April 23, 2009

THIS WEEK

This week is really difficult. I feel sad. I really miss home. I really miss my friends. I really miss my cat. I really miss the hugs from my mom. I miss waking up in my sky blue colored room. I miss the late night talks with my mom. I miss being able to ride the subway. I miss the shopping malls. I miss being able to get around the city easily. I miss the concrete jungle. I miss so many things. Somedays I don't even notice that I'm away but the times that it gets difficult being away from home is when I dream I'm home. Then I wake up and realize I am not at home. That's tough. really tough. How do I get through these feelings of loneliness and foreigness? I know eventually these feelings will go as they did before. But I think no matter what and where I travel too I will always miss Canada because that's my home.

1 comment:

Mariam said...

Hi Amanda, I understand about your missing home. No matter where that home was its hard, to say the least to adapt to anything that is unfamiliar....I like this change to moving a re rooting a plant. its takes time for the roots to settle in the new location....it looks a little limp and not so radiant at first. its takes time for the roots to spread seeking new supply of food and oxygen (frieds/ community)to survive...so is your missing home. As living beings like the plants, we like to return to what we are most familiar with.